[r-t] Quarters of Spliced Major

Stephen Penney stephen at ucalegon.com
Tue Jan 31 11:37:24 UTC 2017

RAS:
> Of these three, we found each a little harder than the
> previous one.

Speak for yourself! I'm pretty sure I found the first one quite a bit
harder than the second. I think partly due to having a variety of method
structures, but I'm not sure that's all it was.

Jonathan Agg:
> We needed some similar quarters building up to Chanders a few years ago,
> and Stephen P and Iain A came up with several compositions using Elf and
> some custom searching. We scored a few, and attempted many more!

Indeed. Although I'm not sure I could justify having a composing credit on
any of them.

This one is a bit of fun, but not particularly challenging:
http://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/view.php?id=409398

This one might come under the header of "gratuitously difficult":
http://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/view.php?id=398821

Percy