[r-t] Fwd: bobs-only Grandsire Triples

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 31 16:08:28 UTC 2017

Roy Dyckhoff wrote:
| The novelty is that I reject his argument that there is no touch of
| greater than 5000 changes; I don't claim that there is such a touch, but
| this argument is evidently fallacious.

Presumably his proof that there is no true touch of length exactly 5040
with common bobs only is sound though?
I don't think I've ever seen the proof but it seems highly improbable that
if there was a mistake in that (most important proof) that nobody would
have noticed it by now...
I assume the argument that there is no touch greater than 5000 changes to
which you refer is something that he goes onto?

It would be interesting if you could share the paper mentioned with the
list?

Alan