[r-t] And another classification question

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Jun 2 03:36:22 UTC 2017

The decisions explicitly state that if a treble dodging hunt bell only
occupies one dodging position the method is treble bob. So what happens if
you've got two hunt bells, one in one dodging position only, and the other
in more than one?

So, for example, is the following major method a Little Treble Bob Method
(that's what the treble implies), a Little Surprise Method (that's what the
6 implies), or a Little Delight Method (that's the fallback case if it's
neither treble bob nor surprise)?

x34x36x56x23,6

(In case anyone wonders why I'm asking all these questions: the code
underlying ringing.org that figures out what kind of method something is
needs a bit of love and attention to make it more robust, which I'm
currently giving it--this is making me scratch my head about various edge
conditions like these.)

"For most history is guessing, and the rest is prejudice."
                      -- Will Durant, _Our Oriental Heritage_