[r-t] And another classification question

Andrew Johnson andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com
Fri Jun 2 11:46:59 UTC 2017

> From: Don Morrison
> The decisions explicitly state that if a treble dodging hunt bell
> only occupies one dodging position the method is treble bob. So what
> happens if you've got two hunt bells, one in one dodging position
> only, and the other in more than one?
>
> So, for example, is the following major method a Little Treble Bob
> Method (that's what the treble implies), a Little Surprise Method
> (that's what the 6 implies), or a Little Delight Method (that's the
> fallback case if it's neither treble bob nor surprise)?
>
> x34x36x56x23,6

I think I would read it as applying section C.1. first, not finding any
plain hunting hunt bells, finding two treble dodging hunt bells, both of
which are little so both are principal hunts, then from C.2. applying B.2.
for all principal hunt bells for each of (a), (b) etc.
B.2.(a) doesn't apply
B.2.(b) doesn't apply
B.2.(c) is considered for both hunt bells, and each hunt bell must satisfy
it.
Bell 1 satisfies it, but bell 6 has an internal place as it goes from 5ths
place to 4ths (3rds is made)
Consider B.2.(d)
Bell 1 has no cross sections
Bell 6 has 2 cross sections, and 3rds is made while it moves from 5ths
place to 4ths or vice versa.
Therefore it is surprise.

I'm still learning this, so am happy to hear other ideas.

Andrew Johnson

--

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.