[r-t] Method classification question

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Fri Jun 2 09:21:22 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Don asked (inter alia), is "the major method? 34.45.4 [..] an extension
of the minor method 34.45.4"

No. 5ths place in the minor is a penultimate place so this is one of the 'distinctive characteristics'in extensions - like the 2nds place in Cambridge S6

In pure formulaic terms, the royal would be an extension of the major treating them as differential principles I suppose, tho. I don't want to go too far down this route as I have other things to think about at this time.

Robin