[r-t] Lead head codes redux

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Jun 21 00:41:48 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk>
wrote:
> I wondered whether we might be able to renumber them to work like the
> even stages. Does anyone know of any reason why doing that might be a
> problem?

I suppose a useful step towards answering that question might be working
out for how many extant methods that would change the code. I suspect
you're better tooled up to answer that easily than I am! My guess is the
answer will come back "very few". And if it is ever going to be changed,
the sooner it is changed the less disruptive it will be.

(I am presuming "renumber them to work like the even stages" is just
shorthand for "renumber the single hunt at odd stages and twin hunt at even
stages ones to work like the single hunt at even stages and twin hunt at
odd stages ones".)

"[The] cottage was one of those picturesque, insanitary thatched
lath-and-plaster dwellings which stir admiration and envy in the
hearts of all those who do not have to live in them."
                     -- Margery Allingham, _Look to the Lady_