[r-t] Slow Course methods

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Mar 5 23:56:18 UTC 2017

Yes I think "slow" refers to sections of work where a bell doesn't move
very far within the change; in particular being stuck on the front.

I suspect a similar usage led to the "slow" and "quick" six designations
in Stedman - in the slow work a bell is stuck on the front for a long
time, in the quick six it moves through the front positions as quickly
as possible. Does anyone know when these terms for the sixes were first
used? They are not in Campanologia.

MBD

---