[r-t] Bristol Max tit-tums comps

Jack Gunning jack.gunning at mac.com
Sat Mar 11 11:24:28 UTC 2017

> On 11 Mar 2017, at 01:28, Pip Dillistone <tuftyfrog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The main meat of the peal would be the runs-oriented blocks 1 & 2, the climax comes at 3, with all the bells coursing in order, before settling back at home thru 4 & 5. This is structured like orchestral music, in a way – it’d probably be quite fun to ring too.

I like this idea a lot.  I will think after I have moved house.

I will consider using Littleport and 4ths and 6ths before to get into the tit-tums.  The link method concept is excellent, but perhaps not required for this transition.

Mark, would you share your other lb 16 link method with the list?

> Of course, as PJE might say, this sort of thing would work much better with ‘architectured’ methods – and then you might as well ring particles instead.

As someone that organises a peal attempt a week, my view is that this isn’t practical or even desirable.  It is good and enjoyable to ring something the band knows well (e.g. Bristol) and focus only on striking, if we add some good (and perhaps unusual) music so much the better.

Thanks for your thoughts Pip and Mark.

Jack