[r-t] Bristol Max tit-tums comps

Pip Dillistone tuftyfrog at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 01:28:12 UTC 2017

> On 10 Mar 2017, at 23:40, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:
>
> What happens if you use your Grey Tit link method on the little bells, with the back bells fixed? This would be fun, and might allow some fast transitions between the LB coursing orders.

In a phrase: nothing much exciting. That link was just thrown together as a quick and dirty way of getting the back bells into home position – swapping the front and back sixes in the place notation gets you to the course head 135642, which isn’t much use. But you could construct other link methods to get to good coursing orders quickly, I’m sure.

This is getting away from Jack’s original idea a bit, but it occurs to me that this could be a quite fun way to get the mega tittums course within a bigger structure:
1. LB music with back bells at home
2. Link method to move 7890ET into tittums, repeat LB music;
3. Second link to move 23456 into tittums also, ring the mega tittums course;
4. Move 7890ET back home;
5. Move 23456 back home.

The main meat of the peal would be the runs-oriented blocks 1 & 2, the climax comes at 3, with all the bells coursing in order, before settling back at home thru 4 & 5. This is structured like orchestral music, in a way – it’d probably be quite fun to ring too.

Of course, as PJE might say, this sort of thing would work much better with ‘architectured’ methods – and then you might as well ring particles instead.