[r-t] Yorkshire Surprise Minor, etc

Phillip Barnes phil at piltdown.org.uk
Sat Mar 18 18:19:43 UTC 2017

HERESY ALERT

All of which begs the question - why the obsession with classification rather than description? We have a descriptive technique - i.e. place notation. Do our attempts to classify by anything apart from treble course have anything other than an arbitrary basis?

What is the argument for their retention?

Answers relying purely on history will receive no marks ;-)

Phil