[r-t] Methods Committee proposed proposed changes

Alan Barber delibaba at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 11:22:24 UTC 2017

As one who likes to think I know a little more about method construction etc than most ringers I must admit to being totally bemused by the present chat, debates and proposals.  It seems to me in most walks of life we are doing things for the minority as opposed to the majority.  For example what percentage of ringers will be affected (or even care) about the proposed changes?  I wonder how many readers of the RW progressed after the first paragraph of the 1.0 Introduction on page 247 of the current issue?  A simple solution in my mind is to let people ring whatever they like as long as its true!  For my part I'll continue to call my favourite method (a double method with every change rung once at handstroke and once at backstroke in the plain course) Oxford Treble Bob Minimus regardless!

Ali B