[r-t] Extension

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Wed Mar 22 13:07:37 UTC 2017

On 22 March 2017 at 12:26, Alan Reading <alan.reading at googlemail.com> wrote:

> If not then it seems unfair because the extension might have been easily
> demonstrated to be an infinite family (just one with only two members below
> 36).

I would have thought that the preferred extension would be the one
that works at the highest number of stages up to a maximum (I have
suggested 36). I know this is not what the extension rules say, but
wouldn't it be of greater practical value. If the answer is the same
for more than one, then the band first ringing one can choose.

Graham