[r-t] Extension - Little methods, Penultimus,

Peter Hinton peter at hinton.me.uk
Mon May 8 13:19:33 UTC 2017

I have been looking at how the rules apply to Bastow and Bistow.
I was fine with Bastow on odd numbers, although the single dodges turn into
double dodges.
I was then expecting to find Bistow on even numbers, also with twin hunt bells,
but (perhaps not surprisingly) it hasn't been rung.
But then I saw:

Decision (G)E.2(a):
There must be no places made above the hunt bell at the half-lead or below the
hunt bell at the lead-end change in the parent.

So does this mean that there is no Bistow Minor?
(My construction had been x16.36.16.36.16)
http://www.ringing.org/method/?stage=6&notation=x16.36.16.36.16

And presumably it also implies that there is also no single-stage extension of
any Little even-stage method where the hunt bell goes to an odd place, or any
Little odd-stage method where the hunt bell goes to an even place?

Incidentally, I don't think anyone answered the question I posed last year (Fri
Dec 23):
"So, would the CC regard Ashford Little Bob Major as this?
38.18x14x14x18"
http://www.ringing.org/method/?stage=8&notation=38.18x14x14x18

Thanks,
Peter