[r-t] List address [IMPORTANT]

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Wed May 24 21:20:11 UTC 2017

With immediate effect, the address of the Ringing Theory
list will be changing to:

    ringing-theory at bellringers.org

The previous address ended .net instead of .org.  I will
attempt to keep the old address working for as long as
possible, but this will be weeks not months.

The reason for this change is that the bellringers.net
domain is going to expire.  When John passed administration
of the three ringing mailing lists to The Ringing World, he
agreed to transfer the bellringers.org and bellringers.net
domains to us too.  Unfortunately his final decline was more
rapid than any of us anticipated and both domains were still
part way through the transfer process when John died.  I was
able to complete the .org transfer through some subterfuge,
but the .net transfer requires passwords only John knew.  I
have briefly spoken to John's widow Virginia, but she has
been unable to help so far, and I don't wish to intrude on
her any further.  The result is that bellringers.net will
expire on 1 June (i.e. in 8 days), and will cease working
later in the month.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

RAS
List Admin