[r-t] Court Bob Minor

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Sep 19 02:17:33 UTC 2017

​​On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:19 PM, Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com>
wrote:
> However, I've just re-read Banister's /Art and Science of Change
> Ringing/ (1871), and it gives the numbers for a method it calls
> "Court Bob Minor"; the method is a non-palindromic,
> rotationally-symmetrical one with court places in 3-4 around the
> treble in the first half of the lead only. In place notation it's
> -4-3-6-6-6-6.

I wonder when, and on what basis, the Council decided it should be called
Evening Exercise Bob Minor?

I also wonder how many of those extents were true. Any idea when it became
common knowledge that the usual standard extent isn't true for most
non-palindromic methods? Come to think of it, since the standard extent is,
I'm pretty sure, false in this case how do you call a true extent of it?

"Adjustment to a changing environment is the essence of life, and
its price."       -- Will and Ariel Durant, _The Age of Reason Begins_