[r-t] Practical Extension

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Wed Aug 1 13:07:19 UTC 2018

Oh dear.

MBD:
"Why shouldn't extension work starting with four bell? There's something
wrong with our approach it if doesn't"

I think I hear the sound of the penny finally dropping.

Yes, there is something wrong with your (not "our") Methods Committee
approach, in that (like any approach) it can't possibly be universal. So
the logical, umm, approach would be simply not to bother pronouncing what
constitutes a "valid" extension.

The only glimpse of joy in this tedious mess is seeing Robin Woolley
prattle on, seemingly without irony, about his "twatt extension"...