[r-t] Practical Extension

Pip Dillistone tuftyfrog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:32:38 UTC 2018

Hear hear.

I for one had hoped that the new guidelines being worked on would finally
lean more in this direction, recognising that an obsession with laying down
axiomatic rules of extention had failed and got us in the present
predicament. I'd also hoped that they would put a mindset of
"permissiveness" front and center, as was apparently the goal in rewriting
them in the first place. Fancy that!!

In hindsight, if it's really that difficult to codify permissiveness (an
oxymoron if ever I heard one) then the whole thing should just be got rid
of.