[r-t] method extension

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 22:53:36 UTC 2018

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 at 19:00, Simon Humphrey <sh53246 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Llanbadarn Fawr D. Royal  (-30-14-50-16-70-18.34-34.10-12-90, b) looks to me like a valid extension of Yelling Delight Major (-38-14-58-16.34-34.18-12-78, b)
> But presumably the method police decided it isn’t, and so has to have a different name.  Could someone explain why  ?

I contacted Bill Croft when Quaffed Delight Royal was rung on
handbells last year to let him know it was a valid extension of
Yelling, noting that it was not required to name it so because there
were other alternatives available. Bill decided to stick with Quaffed.
Llanbadarn Fawr on the other hand is not a candidate extension of
Yelling because the extension process is based upon repeating two
sections, either by expansion as in Quaffed where the 34x34 becomes
56x56 in the next section, or by statically repeating the 34x34 when
the treble is in 5-6 and in 7-8 as in the candidate extension of
Yelling below. In Llanbadarn Fawr the 34x34 has been shifted rather
than repeated.

https://complib.org/method/add?name=[Unnamed]&stage=10&placenotation=-30-14-50-16.34.70.34.18.34-34.10-12-90,12&notes=1AB/4FG%20extension%20of%20Yelling%20Delight%20Major

Note, you have to be logged into Complib for this link to work.

Graham