[r-t] method extension

Tim Barnes tjbarnes23 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 23:30:43 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 11:13 AM, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk>
wrote:

> This is quite understandable, the rules are difficult to get your head
> round. Tim Barnes has made a good job of trying make it clearer in the
> Extension Process section of the draft Method  Ringing Framework, so that
> is worth a look.

In case anyone needs the link to the draft framework, it's
https://cccbr.github.io/method_ringing_framework/.  The extension processes
are in section 13.

The current draft doesn't include the adjacency or consecutive blows rules
-- (G) B.6-8 -- this is still under discussion.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 7:22 AM, Robin Woolley <robin at robinw.org.uk> wrote:

> Historically, there has been a lack of worked examples ... MBD, GACJ, et
> al. wrote some software ... had difficulty with what adjacency actually
> meant.

In case it's of any use, attached is something I put together when the
above software was being developed to document the adjacency and
consecutive blows rules, as well as a few other points on extension that we
weren't previously clear about.