[r-t] Unprinciples

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Fri Mar 2 15:27:20 UTC 2018

"Unprinciples" were discussed on this list a few years ago.  They are methods
that are not principles and yet have every bell ringing the same blue line in
the course.

Some examples that were discussed are:
Major: -1-1-23-23 (4 lead course)
Major: -2345-23-67-4567 (4 lead course)
Minor: -,&3.4.3-3.4-3-45-3-4.3-3.4.3-3.4.3-3.4-23-45-23-4.3-3.4.3- (3 lead
course; can produce an extent).

Now I find myself wondering whether there are any unprinciples with a 1-lead
course.  I.e., is there a true round block whose place notation cannot be split
into several identical leads, such that every bell rings the same line
(starting at different points, of course)?

Currently I know neither an example nor a proof of impossibility.

Any ideas in either direction?

Ander