[r-t] Central Council Methods Library

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu May 31 13:11:50 UTC 2018

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 8:51 AM, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk>
wrote:
> There is something I am not understanding here, or more likely I am
> not communicating well enough. There are now four ways in which you
> can now look at the CCCBR Methods Library.

I’m sorry, I only see three. When I go to

https://cccbr.github.io/methods-library/index.html

it presents me with the three choices:

Text

MicroSirl

and

XML.

Curiously, it also claims to have been last updated on 24 May, though I’m
pretty sure I saw a message go by from you saying it had been updated in
the last day or two.

> For example, I struggle to think how you could search for methods
> that are Bristol above in a text format

Yes, works above and below are not easy to intuit by eye from lists of
place notation. I’ve always had to use software to fiddle such things
reliably. Though it is startling how close you sometimes can come with
careful use of regular expressions in a text editor.

“Nineteenth-century Romanticism had, in music, a very long and
self-conscious death. Death, indeed, had been one of the genre’s
central themes.”
     — James McCalla, /Twentieth-century Chamber Music/