[r-t] Washbrook's "4 part" peal of Stedman Triples

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sat Sep 21 08:55:47 BST 2019

Rob writes,

> the additional Q is in the 1st and 6th of the B blocks (not the 3rd and 8th).

Hmm that seems false too! The published figures say the 2nd and 7th
parts. I can get a true composition by moving the extra Qs to the 3th
and 9th parts:

https://complib.org/composition/56235

Presumably this is the correct arrangement? I wouldn't be certain, given
the published figures, that a true peal was rung, but Washbrook knew
what he was doing and it seems unlikely he'd have got the parts wrong here.