[r-t] Triples & Major

Andrew Johnson andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com
Tue Aug 25 13:06:42 BST 2020

> From: Patrick Deakin
>
> Philip Earis: “I think this is one of the golden ringing problems of
> the moment, along with... elegant spliced stedman triples and bristol
major”

> I came across this message (from way back in 2007!) yesterday while
> searching the archives for information relating to extents of
> Triples. I’m 13 years late to the party but it reminded me of this
> composition which I like to think fits the bill:
>
>     5,016 Spliced Triples & Major (2m/p)
>     Patrick W J Deakin
You might have seen:
https://www.ringing.org/peals/triples-major/
"In the second half of 2020 The Ringing World is planning to publish a
series of articles by Mark Eccleston on Spliced Triples and Major peal
compositions. The thirty-seven peal compositions that will be cited in
those articles are gathered here for convenient reference. They also all
appear in their natural places in the main body of this collection of peal
compositions."

so your composition is timely.

Andrew Johnson

Unless stated otherwise above: