[r-t] Triples puzzles

Andrew Johnson andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com
Fri Jul 24 20:43:01 BST 2020

> From: Alexander E Holroyd
>
> Congratulations Richard, very interesting stuff!
>
> The group 6.08 (which has 6.12 as an index-2 subgroup) was also used for

> St Francis Minor.
>
> Since your "calls" come in q-sets of 3, I guess the composition involves

> ringing some parts of courses backwards (as in WHW), right?

There are variable hunt long and short leads - is that significant?
> I'm not convinced it's quite something I would want to ring, yet.  Can
> you think of any other approaches?

I put the compositions onto CompLib so you can see the blue line - the
name
is just a temporary placeholder.

https://complib.org/composition/68624
https://complib.org/composition/68625

The hunting treble should help stability.

There's also the bobbed course version of the method:
3.147.5.3.147.5.147,147
but I don't know how few calls you could achieve with this.

Andrew Johnson
Twyford

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.