[r-t] Cheeky Little Surprise Minor

John Harrison john at jaharrison.me.uk
Wed Mar 10 13:14:06 GMT 2021

In article
<DB6PR03MB29045C5659859C2B78137E6296919 at DB6PR03MB2904.eurprd03.prod.outlook.com>,
   Alan Barber <delibaba at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> I must admit I'm not au fait with current regulations.  Can I therefore
> assume that a peal of Minor with just 5000 changes is acceptable.

Many people expended a lot of effort developing a framework for method
ringing that provides ways to describe what people choose to ring
coherently and unambiguously, rather than making prescriptive assumptions
about what is or is not 'acceptable'.  It's therefore sad to hear continued
references to 'the regulations'.

One of the objectives was simplicity and consistency, so the term 'peal' is
used to describe any performance over 5000, without special cases for
different stages.

Whether you find it acceptable to ring 5000 of Minor is up to you, and
whether you are interested in similar performances by others is also up to
you.  But the recommended word to refer to them is 'peal'.

If in doubt, look at: https://framework.cccbr.org.uk

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk