[r-t] Multi-cyclic composition

Adam Brady www.adambrady at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 21:01:53 BST 2021

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 at 18:06, Alan Reading <alan.reading at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> I believe that another way of thinking of the structure which I find
> helpful is the following.
>
>  Thank you for sharing that, Alan.  That has demystified it quite a bit
for me, which is very helpful.

On the subject of happy coincidences (the first one being that Jonathan and
I both seem to have been investigating multi-cyclic maximus in our own
unique ways at more or less the same time) I was fortunate to run into
Steve Coaker at Tonbridge Railway Station on my way into work this morning,
not having seen or spoken to him for over a year.  We had a brief chat
about cyclic maximus and what compositions we have been working on, amongst
other things.  It reminded me that I think Steve was the first person to
conduct a peal of cyclic spliced maximus which was his own composition,
although I'm happy to be corrected.

Just the other day I started to put together a collection of cyclic spliced
maximus compositions which have been rung over the years.  I've tried to
include what I see to be particular landmarks, any compositions on an
original plan, or introducing a new set of methods.  I'm sure it's
debatable which compositions are of particular note, but I'd be interested
to know if there are any other such compositions anyone would consider
noteworthy.  I'm sure I must have left some out.

https://complib.org/collection/11088

Thanks.
--
Adam