[r-t] Magenta

John Warboys john.warboys at lineone.net
Wed Jul 23 19:27:22 UTC 2014

Not sure whether it helps the debate at all, but as the "inventor" of
Magenta I'd have been unhappy to have been forced to take it to its shortest
non-repeating sequence and classify it as a differential.  It was rung as a
Link method in an 11-part cyclic Maximus peal in which all the other methods
were hunters so it was logical to ring it as a hunter too; otherwise I guess
the composition would no longer have been all-the-work as the treble would
be considered a working bell.

John