[r-t] Minor Blocks: Poll results

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 19:35:32 UTC 2014

I wrote:

> I would be interested to hear from any who haven't commented
> yet, but voted "no", as to their reasoning.

Thank you for all your comments. Although it appears that opinions are
entrenched at times, it does demonstrate the value of having this debate as
a way of getting to the best answer. I offered Option E as a possible
compromise, but I am not convinced it is the best answer either. Based upon
your feedback, I  now think that Option A is the best compromise.

I was particularly concerned that, say two leads of Bristol Surprise Major,
could be named as another method, unnecessarily increasing the size of the
collections with vast numbers of unnecessary methods. However, looking at
Tim's classification again, this example would be classified as a Place
method. Hopefully, this change of class may be sufficient to reduce the
frequency of it happening.

Graham