[r-t] Pitman's 13440 change compositions

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 9 15:42:14 UTC 2017

| I'm guessing that the rows in those 3 new leads are either ones that
would have appeared in the missing 3 leads from base course or else they
have 1,7&8 in a combination that doesn't occur in the base | |course.

I think it's even more sophisticated than that actually. If you look at the
rows approaching the course end in Rutland versus in Belvedere:
Rutland:              Belvedere:

*52317486*     *32417586
25134768*     *23145768
21537486*     *21347586
12354768*     *12435768*
21345678     21345678
12436587     1243658712345678     12345678

Then you've got a 3-way rotation in Belvedere against Rutland ->
So every time a course ends B instead of TWR that fixes two other
courses that must also so end (24536 and 25346 in the case of the
plain course).

I think there are 7 such courses per part as follows:

5xx6x
5x6xx
56xxx

6xx5x
6x5xx
65xxx

6xxx5

Which seem to fit into two sets of three and then a final one that is
handled by the part end.
Some relationship like this might even occur elsewhere in those leads,
I guess, although I haven't checked that.

Cheers,
Alan