[r-t] Infinite Extensions

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:46:39 UTC 2017

Essentially it seems that the pivot bell either remains constant or follows
a fixed pattern up the stages e.g. in Bristol 2,3,5,7,...
In all the examples given here (and any others I can think of) it either
follows forward or reverse coursing order.
It seems possible that one might be able to construct examples where the
pivot bell follows a pattern like 2,5,9,..
but clearly there's still going to be a simple formula for describing the
lead head from that of Plain Bob at each stage.

As MBD says it seems to happen like this in all the examples but much
harder to justify that it has to...

Cheers,
Alan