[r-t] Bobs-only Stedman Triples

Andrew Johnson andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com
Sat Jan 6 09:08:34 UTC 2018

Christmas is over but there are still some more gifts left over for
Epiphany.

5040 Stedman Triples
https://complib.org/composition/37975

5040 Stedman Triples
https://complib.org/composition/37408

These peals are also based on the 3-part group [6.33], but on blocks which
come round after one part, so need to be linked by Q-sets of omits. They
have 606 bobs.

The first parts are very long at 3000 and 2760 changes for the two peals.
You can rearrange the parts as follows for 609 bobs to make the first
(long) part a little shorter and the second part a bit longer.
A,Bx,B,Cx,C,Cy,C,Dx,D,A,Bx,B,By,B,Cx,C,Dx,D,A,Dy,D

https://complib.org/composition/38016
Parts: 2220, 1920, 1020 changes.

https://complib.org/composition/38015
Parts: 1980, 1920, 1140 changes

If I was writing them out by hand I would mark Bx B as just block B and
then By B as B*, being block B with the first bob omitted etc.

They are on a different plan compared to the other 12 peals - as shown by
them having the six-ends of 24 complete B-blocks rather than 36.

--
Andrew Johnson

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.