[r-t] Bobs-only Stedman Triples

Andrew Johnson andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com
Sun Jan 7 07:13:19 UTC 2018

Here are a couple more bobs-only peals on a different plan.

5040 Stedman Triples
Andrew Johnson
582 bobs
https://complib.org/composition/37434

5040 Stedman Triples
Andrew Johnson
705 bobs
https://complib.org/composition/37446

They may look a bit like the first bobs-only peals, but they are not magic
block peals (see below). They are based on a three-part group, but the
structure is hidden/lost when the parts were linked. The six-ends can be
rearranged to make 63 complete B-blocks, compared to 79 for the magic
block peals below. These peals have the upper and lower limit of number of
bobs I have found with this plan. Magic block peals have an upper limit of
708 bobs, and in 1995 Philip Saddleton said he had found a peal of 576
bobs.

That means there are bobs-only peals known with bobs between 438 to 456
and 576 to 708, in multiples of 3. My three-part peals have not expanded
that range.

5040 Stedman Triples
by Colin J E Wyld
No 1, 705 bobs