[Bell Historians] External tuning

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Thu Apr 4 22:32:17 BST 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

> I seem to remember Nigel Taylor telling me that the treble of 12 at=20
> Shrewsbury had been tuned on the outside.=20

I've got a very large scanned photo of that. I'll find it and have a look. =
A reduced version of the picture is on the 12s website - look at the weird =
shape of the bell!

Incidentally, I took some photos of the tuning marks on the York bells, and=
I'll put them on my website when I get them developed. It looks like Taylo=
r's have been careful to cut between the sets of moulding wires without cut=
ting away the wires themselves.

David

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To unsu=
bscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogrou=
ps.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20