Dunham Massey

oakcroft13 bill at h...
Fri Aug 9 14:29:14 BST 2002

Re the chime at Dunham, sold 1914, I can suggest two sources of
information. First, Taylor's records, of course. Second, Ken Lewis
would be a mine of information, and if he didn't know the answer,
would probably be happy to search the church records if he was asked
nicely. Last time I spoke to him he was still churchwarden at St
Margaret's. His address (from memory) is 52 Wellington Road,
Timperley, Altrincham, Cheshire.

The tuning of the Dunham bells is quite remarkable, especially the
back ones. To my surprise, I understand the tenor was cast first.

Bill H