[Bell Historians] Re: Duham Massey

mikechester_uk mike at m...
Mon Aug 12 18:15:06 BST 2002

--- In bellhistorians at y..., "Chris Pickford" <c.j.pickford at t...>
wrote:
> I think that the chime bells were put up a few years after the ten
(1854) - in about 1857-8. The entry in Taylors' records is undated,
but it's with others for the years 1857-8. The largest of the 14
chime bells weighed 6-1-19 (I didn't note the weights of the others).
There is a note "sold 1914-19" alongside the entry. I only noted
this in passing, and I'm sure that more precise information could be
found with a bit more delving.

Given the disparity in the weights of the tenor of the ring and the
tenor of the chime I would suggest that it is very likely that they
were separate instruments.

Mike