[Fwd: Bell Historian Email List]

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Sun Aug 11 12:06:53 BST 2002

I received this from Alan Buswell this morning - I would think it will
be of interest to a number of people.

David

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Bell Historian Email List
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 11:57:01 +0100
From: "alan.buswell" <alan.buswell at n...>
To: <djb122 at y...>

David Bryant. You invited me to contact you direct by your article in
the RW on page 835. I am no historian but am a keeper of historical
records which may be of use to your Email subsribers. By the way I am no
computer, if this reaches you it is a mirical!. The records I keep are
1) of Quarter peals published in the RW since 1961 (page & year
referance only) for every tower, 3-bells & upwards. People often write
to me asking for their towers' details. & 2) I have the tunung records
of all the bells that went through the foundry of Gillett & Johnston
1877 - 1957. For various reasons, I am not allowed to divulge details en
block but can give details by specific request. This may or may not be
of use to you. Alan A.J. Buswell