[Bell Historians] Re: Duham Massey

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford at t...
Mon Aug 12 08:08:48 BST 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

I think that the chime bells were put up a few years after the ten (1854) -=
in about 1857-8. The entry in Taylors' records is undated, but it's with o=
thers for the years 1857-8. The largest of the 14 chime bells weighed 6-1-1=
9 (I didn't note the weights of the others). There is a note "sold 1914-19"=
alongside the entry. I only noted this in passing, and I'm sure that more=
precise information could be found with a bit more delving.

There is a picture of the church and an extract from the Illustrated London=
News 20 Sept 1860 in the Taylor catalogue published in 1870=20

CP
----- Original Message -----=20
From: mikechester_uk=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 6:35 PM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Duham Massey

A bit of research tells me that the bells were cast at the same time=20
as the ten, Taylors 1854. The chiming bells were sold in 1914 to pay=20
for a new clock! I would still like to know if the two sets of bells=20
were "as one", or separate.

Mike

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20