Handlist of campanological articles and theses

andrewmbull <a.bull@s...> a.bull at s...
Wed Dec 11 11:21:29 GMT 2002

I think it would be an excellent idea.

I have acquired over the years a number of bell lists, county lists,
etc, some of which contain unpublished information. In recent times I
have been trying to get all this onto computer to make it tidier and
more accessable. A couple of list members have a copy of my first
such - Church Bells of the Diocese of Monmouth, which I have typeset
but never got around to doing anything else with. This is now in PDF
(Acrobat) format, and I would be happy to post this and various other
stuff for members to peruse and perhaps even send me updates!

Andrew Bull

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "john ketteringham"
<john.ketteringham at n...> wrote:
> I wonder if it might be useful to have a page on the Historians web
site on
> which details of items not easily traceable which might be of
interest to
> campanological researchers could be published? I have listed a
few of
> which I have knowledge below :
>
> Cattermole, P. Church Towers and Bell Frames in South-East Norfolk
> (Unpublished PhD Thesis University of London 1985)
>
> Eisel, J. Bells of Carmarthenshire and Breconshire (Unpublished PhD
Thesis
> University of Wales 1984)
>
> Jennings, T. S. Campanological Activities and their effect on the
Parish
> Church Budget between 1500 and 1714 (Unpublished Dissertation
Portsmouth
> Polytechnic 1984/5)
>
> Ketteringham, J. R. The Use of Church Bells in the Diocese of
Lincoln 1536 -