[Bell Historians] Mancroft: The evidence

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Thu Feb 14 13:17:20 GMT 2002

I think it was 2,3 and 6 that had already lost their canons.
Interestingly, from the weights it seems that the treble still had its
canons. The flat 6th was installed, I think, by Day of Eye - I'll check
Thurlow's book whe I get home, but I don't think it mentions any tuning.
Perhaps it was a similar case to Painswick, where the locals were
insistent that the bells should not be tuned, despite Taylor's advising
to the contrary.