[Bell Historians] 'Simpson' tuning

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Thu Feb 28 17:07:33 GMT 2002

Bill H: > A very good example
is Greenwich tenor (Mears 1825 with tuning) - hum 118 cents sharp,
but very quiet, prime only 67 cents flat (not very much compared with
some of the horrors of the 19th century) but quieter than the
nominal. A very nice match with the true-harmonic bells in my view.

I have always thought that it was a real shame that the tenor was not recast
along with the rest of the bells in 1954. An inferior tenor can really let a
ring down, and here IMHO it does, especially as the front 9 are quite nice.
(NB the tenor was cast in 1824.)

DrL

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.