[Bell Historians] Unknown founder's mark

John Ketteringham john.ketteringham at n...
Fri Mar 8 04:55:02 GMT 2002

The drawing of the founders mark referred to and reproduced in Lincolnshire
Bells and Bellfounders was taken from Thomas North's Church Bells of
Lincolnshire published in 1882. It occurs on bells at Grimoldby,
Osbournby and Partney in Lincolnshire which have been credited to an unknown
London founder and cast in the early 15th century. It is also on a bell at
West Halton in Lincolnshire which bears the name of John Potter of York and
cast in the fourteenth century.

I hope this helps. My computer has been in hospital for some time so I
have not seen the previous correspondence. I am sorry not to have replied
before.

By the way the drawing in Lincolnshire Bells and Bellfounders seems quite
satisfactory to me!!

web site : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.ketteringham