Unknown founder's mark

oakcroft13 bill at h...
Fri Mar 8 07:14:28 GMT 2002

John K:

> The drawing of the founders mark referred to . . .
> credited to an unknown London founder and cast in the
> early 15th century.

This is compatible with Elphick's inference. I suspect he didn't
actually know the origin of the Sussex bells, based on his words.

> By the way the drawing in Lincolnshire Bells and
> Bellfounders seems quite satisfactory to me!!

There's nothing wrong with the drawing! I was referring to the style
of the original mark, picture posted by Robert, which looks as if it
has been scratched on the mould, not produced with a stamp.

Bill H