[Bell Historians] Balscote

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Mon Nov 11 18:14:18 GMT 2002

Will Willans has done some research about a ring of 10 bells (Tenor 60lb)
hung in a Public House within the parish of St Michael's Bath in the 18th
Century. The public house was owned by Mr Joseph Varnham and was known as The
Black Dog (or horse - I can't remember). One of the first peals rung in the
city (Grandsire Triples) was rung on these bells as well as a quarter or half
peal of Grandsire Caters. Next time I see Will, Ill ask him for more info.

Matthew