[Bell Historians] St Magnus, Lower Thames Street

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Fri Nov 15 10:24:33 GMT 2002

"I was browsing this page on Dickon's website earlier, as you do, and
was reminded of an article or letter in the RW some while ago
recounting the ringing of the first peal of Spliced Surprise Royal at
St Magnus sometime in the 1930s. As I recollect, the writer took part
in the peal, and said that the band had not realised the importance
of the peal until afterwards.

I think a mention of this peal on the 'Bells of London' page would be
of interest."

I knew about the peal and am surprised that I *didn't* mention it. You are
quite right ... it should be added. The first peal of Middlesex Royal was
also rung there. At the time it was considered too complicated a method to
be rung, but it was rung at the first attempt!

>From Felstead:
25th July 1931 - Spliced S Royal (3m)
20th Nov 1922 - Middlesex Royal

DrL

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.