British Pathe News Website

editor at r... editor at r...
Thu Nov 21 17:37:26 GMT 2002

Last week I heard about the launch of a new web-site giving easy on-line
access to British Pathe Newsreels going back to the 1920s.

A quick look at it this afternoon and a search on "bells" produced several
pages of references, which I have not yet had time to follow up in any
depth. However, some of this stuff looks really interesting - for instance
there is an item covering the tercentenary of Sir Christopher Wren from
24th October 1932, which features pictures taken in the ringing chamber at
St. Paul's.

There is also a reel on the installation of the Riverside Carillon in New
York and much, much more.

For anyone who is interested, the address for this site is:

www.britishpathe.com

RAL