[Bell Historians] Dove inexactitudes

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Tue Oct 1 15:22:57 BST 2002

"Ah, you wish. Such an audit trail might be desirable, but I very much
doubt if it exists. John does keep a record of corrections notified and
made/rejected, but this isn't the same (by any means) as a complete and full
audit trail of past and present weights."

When I said audit trail, I meant a record of corrections notified and
made/rejected, not the full monty. So if John is notified that Abingdon is
19 cwt rather than 20-x-x, the fact would appear in his audit trail and if
20-x-x is subsequently "discovered", John has a record that this is wrong.

John's starting point at the moment is a list of approximate weights and his
audit trail with historical exact weights where advised, which I guess is
probably pretty comprehensive for bells falling in this category? How many
weights did Dove himself reduce in this way from actual to approximate?

DrL

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.