[Bell Historians] Wells

DJ Bryant djb122 at y...
Tue Oct 29 15:00:39 GMT 2002

They're ina Blackbourn of Salisbury frame, of 1891 I think, with the
treble above the 2nd. If I recall correctly, the headstocks are
Whitechapel's mark II pattern - when did these come in?

It seems surprising that there is an exact weight for the tenor but not
the 9th, particularly as the back two at St Paul's, cast in the following
year, were only weighed to the nearest half a hundredweight. Unless, of
course, the exact weight was measured by Blackbourn or Whitechapel.

David