[Bell Historians] Rings of 12 - Keynotes

DJ Bryant djb122 at y...
Mon Sep 9 15:58:25 BST 2002

I see your point, but as Bill H pointed out to me there was no conformity
in the list before I altered them all to flats - roughly half the Db/C#
rings were described as one, half as the other. I chose Db because that
was how most of the exact notes had been expressed in the information I
had. I'm quite happy to mix flats and sharps (and I see your point
especially where F#/Gb is concerned), but I think we need uniformity
where each note is concerned, so as regards C#/Db I think we
have to use one or the other for all. What do others think?