[Bell Historians] Re: Lightest bell normally rung without a box

Andrew Aspland aaspland at y...
Wed Sep 11 20:33:22 BST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: fartwell2000 [mailto:fartwell2000 at y...]
Sent: 05 September 2002 23:13
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Lightest bell normally rung without a box

For years Crathorne were listed as four, which they are not, and many people
tried to ring the sanctus bell which does ahve a wheel and pulley but not a
proper tail end, hence the need to stand on a pew. I have discouraged them
being thought of a s a four since ringing was, I believe, suspended for a
while due to damage done to the sanctus.
Andrew