The Gorbals brass and bell foundry Glasgow

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Tue Sep 24 20:11:42 BST 2002

I was wondering if any bells by Wilson+Co are hung for ringing-I have
seen and rung a bell(C.10cwt) by them at Wemys Bay Parish Church
which had a ringing wheel,but no other ringing fittings-it went
up,but with very worn bearings and a bare rope it was hard work.
There is an article on the Whitechapel web site about a Wilson bell
in Glasgow they have refurbished complete with a massive new wheel.
There does not seem to be a great deal of information of the
locations of the work by Wilson+Co on the internet,and I only know of
four or five installations by them.
How long were they casting bells and how large were the biggest bells
they cast?
All information appreciated
Alan